RESOURCE international development in key areas of focus:
- INNOVATE – implement pilot programs in cutting -edge development and research programs.
- INVEST in research, monitoring, evaluation & learning in partnership with funders and academic institutions.
- COLLABORATE – document, publish, promote and share results, good practices and lessons learned from investments.
LEAD Alberta’s International Development Community
- Mentor other NGOs in our sector on rights-based development, the SDGs, Guidelines for Effective Development and organizational sustainability.
- Represent our sector and our region to advocate for resources and inclusion.
MAINTAIN AND BUILD strong and capable human resources
- Emphasize leadership development.
- Prioritize the continued engagement of the staff team.
- Prioritize a positive and supportive workplace.
INVEST in human resource capacity, compensation and sustainability:
- Emphasize pay equity, employee benefits and decent work within the sector as part of the organizational culture.
- Resource and facilitate professional development.
PLAN for growth and change
- Plan for succession
- Navigate and properly resource organizational change & growth.
CONTRIBUTE to local, regional, national and international networks.
BUILD PARTNERSHIPS Maintain and build strategic alliances between Northern and Southern individuals, civil society groups, and indigenous people in Canada and overseas.
DIVERSIFY Funding Sources
- Expand and diversify communications.
- Enhance the profile and amplify the work of CFCA.
- Deepen and diversify donor engagement.
- Promote best practices to funding agencies.
- Collaborate with research and academic institutions.
- Retain provincial and federal government support for international development projects.
ENGAGE Volunteers who are eager to contribute:
- Engage a community of active global citizens and supporters.
- Strengthen & diversify relationships with academic institutions to provide authentic experiences to researchers & students.
- Partner with Canadian professionals on international volunteer opportunities.
- Partner with Corporations on their CSR initiatives and on international volunteer opportunities.
- Engage youth to contribute to CFCA’s diverse programs.
BUILD effective Boards and Committees
- Facilitate and maximize the contributions of Board and Committee members towards an effective and efficient operation