Change for Children was founded in 1976 by a small group of people in the Edmonton area who were convinced that concerned Albertans could make a positive impact in the fight against poverty and injustice, internationally and in their own communities. They were right.
“Ordinary People Can Do Extraordinary Things” ~ Hank Zyp (1935-2012) Change for Children co-founder, artist, teacher
Co founder Hank Zyp in the early days in Central America.
A meeting of hearts and minds: Ed Carson met up with Hank Zyp and Change for Children in 1979 and became a vitalizing force for the next 4 decades.
The mural hangs at St joe's.
Art has been a continual thread of social awareness, culture building and fundraising.
The Edmonton Peace Mural created as part of Change for Children's Painting Peace Project in 2000.
The Edmonton Peace Mural on the Salvation Army Building downtown Edmonton unveiled as part of CFC's 25th Anniversary. The project was created together by Central American and Canadian youth.
Building schools in Comanticillo
Video Conference for Hope
The entire school of St. Teresa's have mobilized and inspired thousands of dollars to support Change for Children international projects. In 2010 they championed a campaign called Fill that Bus and hosted a glorious school rally to celebrate.
International Development Youth Mentorship Program brought together youth interested in international development with local social justice elders